It happens every year as teams approach free agency fans and media personalities alike speculate on what their team will do, will they be big spenders? Will they seek out the top players at positions of need?
Last year I thought Miami would take it slow in free agency and much to my surprise they made a big splash and signed quite a few players. Here is a reminder of who we added last year:
- CB Byron Jones (27 years old)
- OG/OT Ereck Flowers (26 years old)
- DE Shaq Lawson (26 years old)
- ILB Kyle Van Noy (29 years old)
- DE Emmanuel Ogbah (26 years old)
- OLB Kamu Grugier-Hill (26 years old)
- RB Jordan Howard (25 years old)
- LB/FB Elandon Roberts (25 years old)
- C Ted Karras (27 years old)
- S Clayton Fejedelem (27 years old)
The players in BOLD are no longer on the roster so about half of the FA signings for 2020 are gone and now we have some new faces and even though it was not the splash many were looking for this year as rumors about signing some top named FA in 2021 never happened. I in fact did not want Miami to make a big splash and I totally love how they handled FA this year as I look at it as a meat and potatoes Free Agency and Miami focused on filling out the back end of the roster with players that fit their style of play.
- Miami Dolphins Sign DT John Jenkins (31 years old)
- Miami Dolphins Re-Sign LB Elandon Roberts (26 years old)
- Miami Dolphins Sign WR William Fuller (26 years old)
- Miami Dolphins Re-Sign WR Mack Hollins (27 years old)
- Miami Dolphins Sign LB Duke Riley (26 years old)
- Miami Dolphins Sign LB Brennan Scarlett (27 years old)
- Miami Dolphins Sign DL Adam Butler (26 years old)
- Miami Dolphins Sign C Matt Skura (28 years old)
- Miami Dolphins Sign WR Robert Foster (26 years old)
- Miami Dolphins Sign LB Benardrick McKinney (28 years old)
- Miami Dolphins Sign RB Malcolm Brown (27 years old)
- Miami Dolphins Sign TE Cethan Carter (27 years old)
- Miami Dolphins Sign QB Jacoby Brissett (28 years old)
What free agency 2021 tells me is that Miami is happy with the young players they have on the roster and their goal was to plug in many solid players who will bring what the Dolphins are looking for.
Remember just two years ago Brian Flores was scouring the FA market and there was plenty of room on the team for anybody to try and make it. Now the roster is getting filled in and there is not as much room for just anybody to make this team. Grier and Flores as well as the rest of the Dolphins top management are doing an excellent job in the rebuild and this team’s arrow is pointing straight North!
I give Miami 2021 free agency moves a solid B and only time will tell if that grade goes up or down!
Please help create better content in the future as well as giveaways such as upcoming TDS T-Shirts, Game Tickets, Giveaways, and cashback opportunities. For as little as .99 cents a month you can contribute to the growth of TDS and the podcast.
So click on the sponsor, there are 3 monthly price ranges to choose from .99 basic content /4 .99 with special content with more giveaways / 9.99 premium that will get you even more special content as well as many more giveaways others will not enjoy! (Click Here To Support!)
PLEASE GRADE THE ARTICLE AT THE TOP (1-5 STARS)!
(((((((COMPUTER GENERATED WEEKLY PREDICTIONS IN LATEST PODCAST))))))))
((((Please support my site by listening to my podcast I have sponsors!))))
Get This Weeks Prediction On TDS PODCAST!