Round 6· Pick 185 Blake Ferguson LS LSU (6′ 3″, 229 pounds)
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||235 lb (107 kg)|
|High school:||Buford (Buford, Georgia)|
|NFL Draft:||2020 / Round: 6 / Pick: 185|
|Roster status:||Unsigned draft pick|
Blake and his brother Reid have held down the starting deep snapper job for the Tigers for the past eight seasons. Reid was a four-year snapper before moving on to the Buffalo Bills after the 2015 season. Blake redshirted that year (after being named top high school snapper in the country as a junior and senior at Buford High School in Georgia) and has been a reliable special teams ace ever since. He was a team captain in 2018 and 2019. Ferguson is a Type I diabetic and has worked with various charities to raise awareness for the condition.
One of the top long-snappers in the country, Ferguson has a great shot at following his brother into the pros. His snap accuracy on punts was a little down from 2018, but it’s not something that will kill his chances. He’s the likely leader in the clubhouse as the long-snapper most likely to be drafted (and make a team long-term) this season.
- Four-year long snapper and team captain
- Exceptional character for locker room or community events
- Older brother snaps for the Buffalo Bills
- Able to hit perfect laces at a frequent clip
- Rockets it to holder or punter without much hitch
- Repeatable placement for field goal snaps
- May need to add a little more mass
- Doesn’t play any other position
- Snap speed is considered just average
- Some issues with low snaps on punts in 2019
This was a strange pick especially using a 6th round pick for a long snapper, obviously Miami wanted him and will make a move on the current long snapper. Not to much to say about a long snapper than…
Welcome To Miami Blake Ferguson!