With 3 picks on day one in the 2020 NFL Draft the Miami Dolphins have many options including trading up, trading down or staying pat with the 5th, 18th & 26th picks, so I decided to put a list of the players that Miami could target with each pick. I took out WR’s because Miami is loaded at that position and I do not see them drafting one on Day 1 of the upcoming draft.
The list will have at least 10 players within the range of where Miami will pick and the ones highlighted in BOLD PRINT are my picks in my final Mock Draft of 2020.
With the 5th pick Miami will have the option to take any one of the following players all of whom will most likely be off the board when Miami pick again at 18.
- Joe Burrow, QB, LSU ( 6′ 3″, 221 pounds)
- Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama (6′ 0″, 217 pounds)
- Chase Young, EDGE, Ohio State ( 6′ 5″, 264 pounds)
- Isaiah Simmons, LB, Clemson (6′ 4″, 238 pounds)
- Jeff Okudah, CB, Ohio State (6′ 1″, 205 pounds)
- Jedrick Wills Jr, OT, Alabama (6′ 4″, 312 pounds)
- Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia (6′ 5″, 315 pounds)
- Derrick Brown, IDL, Auburn (6′ 5″, 326 pounds)
- Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa (6′ 5″, 320 pounds)
- Javon Kinlaw, IDL, South Carolina (6′ 5″, 324 pounds)
With the 18th pick Miami will have the option to take any one of the following players some will most likely be gone by 18
- Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville (6′ 7″, 364 pounds
- Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama (6′ 0″, 201 pounds)
- Patrick Queen, LB, LSU (6′ 0″, 229 pounds)
- Grant Delpit, S, LSU (6′ 3″, 213 pounds)
- Antoine Winfield Jr S, Minnesota (5′ 9″, 203 pounds)
- Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama (6′ 1″, 205 pound
- Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU (5′ 10″, 191 pounds)
- C.J. Henderson, CB, Florida (6′ 1″, 204 pounds)
- Zack Baun, LB, Wisconsin (6′ 2″, 238 pounds)
- A.J. Epenesa, EDGE, Iowa (6′ 5″, 275 pounds)
With the 26th pick Miami will have the option to take any one of the following players
- Josh Jones, OT, Houston (6′ 5″, 319 pounds)
- Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon (6′ 6″, 236 pounds)
- Cesar Ruiz, IOL, Michigan (6′ 3″, 307 pounds)
- Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin (5′ 10″, 226 pounds)
- D’Andre Swift, RB, Georgia (5′ 8″, 212 pounds)
- J.K. Dobbins, RB, Ohio State (5′ 10″, 209 pounds)
- Jonah Jackson, IOL, Ohio State (6′ 4″, 306 pounds)
- K’Lavon Chaisson, EDGE, LSU (6′ 3″, 254 pounds)
- Justin Madubuike, IDL, Texas A&M (6′ 3″, 293 pounds)
- Yetur Gross-Matos, EDGE, Penn State (6′ 5″, 266 pounds)
We all have our favorites but the reality is we will come to accept whoever the Dolphins decide to take, as much as I am not in favor of taking a QB in the draft I have no choice but to accept whatever decision GM Chris Grier makes and I trust him because he’s been spot on ever since he’s been given full control.
Who do you want on the list?
Just 12 days away, Can’t wait!!
*Please rate my article at the top by clicking on the stars, you have options 1 -5 with five being you really love the article and one being that I need to improve, your opinion matters thank you for taking time out of your busy life to read my articles I appreciate it.