Upon hearing rumors that the Dolphins plan to clean house, rebuild, start from scratch the first thing that comes to mind was some questioning whether or not the Dolphins should sign Xavien Howard to a new deal.
Then there was speculation about other players on this team, let me be the first to say it’s time to close the door and not let another young talented player leave this team. I don’t have a problem with maybe letting some of the veteran players move on by means of trades or being cut but young talent should never be allowed to walk out our door. I’m talking about talent like Lamar Miller, Jay Ajayi and Jarvis Landry for example.
All of those players were drafted by the Dolphins developed by the Dolphins and allowed to walk by the Dolphins. Why in the world would any team allow such talented young men who’s just scratching the surface to move on? We’re not suppose to be in the business of letting talent go we’re suppose to be in the business of developing and retaining talent because it’s hard to win without it.
I have not had any official word from the Dolphins organization of them planning on letting Xavien Howard walk but let me assure you if that happens I will be one extremely unhappy Dolphin fan. What the Dolphins need to do is build around the talent on this team, adding to the young talent that we currently possess. MORE NOT LESS!
It’s time to ante up and reward the young talented players we drafted (Howard & James) we always hear how Stephen Ross have no problem spending the money needed to get or retain talent and what they do with Howard & James will speak volumes to that end.
I’ve made a list of the young talented players that we should build around.
- Xavien Howard (25 years old)
- Laremy Tunsil (24 years old)
- Minkah Fitzpatrick (22 years old)
- Ja’Wuan James (26 years old)
- Kenny Stills (26 years old)
- Albert Wilson (26 years old)
- Kenyan Drake (24 years old)
- Jakeem Grant (26 years old)
- Jerome Baker (21 years old)
- Raekwon McMillan (23 years old)
- Bobby McCain (25 years old)
- Davon Godchaux (24 years old)
- Vincent Taylor (24 years old)
- Charles Harris (23 years old)
- Leantee Carro (24 years old)
- Cordrea Tankersley (25 years old)
- Isaac Asiata (25 years old)
- DeVante Parker (25 years old)
- Stephone Anthony (26 years old)
- Kalen Ballage (22 years old)
- Mike Gesicki (23 years old)
- Durham Smythe (23 years old)
That is just about half the roster full of players in their mid twenties who need to be retained and developed.
What the Dolphins lacked over these past few years starting with Joe Philbin, is a coach that can handle all kinds of folks because even though some players might posses difficult personalities it is the good coaches that know how to manage those difficult personalities toward a common goal that we all want a championship.
Building a team is not about possessing and managing players who are Choir Boys because often the best players tend to be the ones most difficult to handle.
Hopefully our next head coach understands and posses the ability to manage all 52 players on his final rosters as individuals and the more difficult they are the better his coaching abilities should become.
2 thoughts on “Stop Letting Young Talent Get Away!”